Wednesday, December 5, 2007

THE LOCAL NEWS

So this is my local Austin TV news.

Our very own lovely & sweet Margaret will verify that I am NOT lying.

OK, wait a minute.

First, you need to know that the sorta "OFFICIAL" logo for Austin is

"Keep Austin Weird."


Now, in keeping with the "Keep Austin Weird" theme, our local TV news stations do, well, just that.

They're very much a Hippie Dippie News thingie.

Oh sure, if it bleeds, it leads

but only for a minute or so.

Then it rolls over into traditional Austin news.

Which is 99% of the time either a local festival story OR some cute pet story.

Ain't lying.

That's just Austin.

So I was watching the news last night and right there, yes, right there in vibrant living color, I see the following story.


I'll link it up for you in a minute.

So I'm watching this and reading the graphics on the screen while the vid is rolling, and I SWEAR TO YOU, I damn near pissed my pants I was laughing so hard.

OK, Here's the link.

BE SURE & CLICK THE "ELECTRIC MENORAH AGLOW AT STATE CAPITOL AS HANUKKAH BEGINS" box thingie, then click on "Play All Checked."

For those of you who have dial-up or whatever, let me tell you what the graphics in the vid say, m'kay?

Ready?

Chanukah In The Hood

Ain't lying!

Chanukah In The Hood

So in the spirit of, well, the Hill spirit, let me just say

Shalom

'Sup

:)

© 2007 HillCountryGal


Note: Texas Rocking Blues! (RIP, Stevie)

No comments:

Post a Comment