Saturday, October 27, 2007

DISTRACTIONS

I get distracted easily.

Say it ain't so, you say.

I do.

I suppose it's cause I'm basically a rubber band person.

You know, easily entertained.

OK, so let's talk distractions.

I rarely, and I mean, rarely, use any kind of hair products other than shampoo and conditioner.

I'd rather be drawn & quartered than use hair spray.

HOWEVER

occasionally, I do try to spruce up a bit.

So in keeping with the sprucing up thingie, I have a can of hair mousse I keep on the bathroom sink counter along with toothbrush, toothpaste, Irish Spring, and Clinique Foaming face cleanser.

I've had the same can of hair mousse on the bathroom sink counter for 3 years now.

So one day I was getting ready to go somewhere, and decided what the hell, I'm gonna mousse my hair and style it.

So I reached for the mousse, squirted some in my hands, and spread it in my hair.

I then went to blow dry it.

I blow dried it

and blow dried it

and fucking blow dried it.

The longer I blow dried it, the more tangled & stickier it got.

You know what I did, right?

That's right, baby.

Used

in my hair.

Clinique'd hair. You ain't lived till you've had it.

2nd distraction.

I have a wall of hair (on my head) that I normally wear in a ponytail.

It's so hot here in the summer that it's just misery untold to wear long hair down on your neck & back.

M-I-S-E-R-Y.

Even wearing a ponytail, when I'm out working in the yard in 101 degree heat with 70% humidity, some of that hair escapes out of the ponytail holder and plasters itself to my neck.

And the fucker makes a heat rash on my neck.

So I was telling Daughter-in-Law about it and she says, "Me, too. Try some Desitin."

Desitin?

You mean like that baby diaper rash thick white gunky creamy stuff?

Yep. that stuff.

So OK, I bought some Desitin and rubbed some on that heat rash, and voila!

Heat rash was gone in a couple of hours.

The other morning I was really, really sleepy when I had to get up to let the dogs out to do their business.

What the hell, I was up, no going back to sleep, so I stumbled into the bathroom to wash my face & brush my teeth.

And, of course, being distracted (thinking of other things besides the task at hand) AND sleepy,

I brushed my teeth with


Yep.

The Desitin tube and the toothpaste tube looked virtually identical.

You know, Desitin Diaper Rash Cream doesn't really taste all that bad.

Bitch from hell to get that thick white creamy gunk off your teeth, though.

I had to brush my teeth (with toothpaste) 3 TIMES to get rid of the Desitin.

3 TIMES.

Distraction No. 3

Gorgeous day, windows rolled down in the car, beebopping into Drippin' to go to the Post Office.

Music blaring, I lit a cig and was jammin' to the music.

Slid into the parking lot, jumped out of the car and headed into


Walked over to my mailbox (inside the Post Office), unlocked it, was reaching in to get the mail when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Spun around to see a Dude standing behind me.

Me: "What?"

Dude: "Ma'am, are you a tad distracted today?"

Me: "What???"

Dude pointed down to the lit


in my hand.

INSIDE the Drippin' Springs Post Office.

Me: "Oh. SHIT!"

I gotta start paying more attention to stuff.

So, what has distracted you lately and what did you do when you were distracted?

Tell me.

:)

© 2007 HillCountryGal


Note: "Wild Horses"

No comments:

Post a Comment