Friday, November 9, 2007

ROMANCE & SEDUCTION

I was watching TV yesterday and I saw something that just about made me drop my jaw on the floor.

I saw a commercial for Zales diamond necklaces & earrings for

are you ready?

For Veteran's Day.

I shit you not.

"Show her how much you love on this Veteran's Day. Give her diamonds by Zales."

I'm like, you have GOT to be kidding me.

So it got me to thinking about romance & seduction.

Well, it did.

And I realized how little I have in common with the "establishment" notion of romance. Or seduction.

This
means NADA to me. Zip. Zero. *yawn*

This, on the other hand
seduces me. I can plant it and smell the intoxicating fragrance of gardenias for years to come. THIS is romance.


This is not.

This is.

Take me here
and I'll spend the entire time fantasizing about being here.

Buy me this

and I'll sell it and buy myself this.

Show up dressed like this
I'll slam the door in your face.

But show up dressed like this
I'll invite you in.

Invite me to do this,
I'll say "No."

But invite me to do this with you,
I'm there.

This?
*arf*

This?
HELL, yes.

And this?

Anytime, baby!

Anytime at all.

:)

© 2007 HillCountryGal


Note: OK, this is just the coolest thing ever!! Barry White & Luciano Pavarotti. Barry White? Now that's romance. And seduction.


No comments:

Post a Comment