Thursday, November 22, 2007

THE TREAT JAR

So my current sister-in-law is an extremely gracious and polite woman, and when she walked into my son's house today, she gave my daughter-in-law a beautiful glass thingie of some kind and she handed me a GORGEOUS ceramic cookie jar.

Wow!

I never, EVER, think of bringing a GIFT to the hostess, but hey, my sister in law has good manners, you know?

Anyhoo, it got me to thinking about my one & ONLY involvement with the PTA (is it still called that?) back when my daughter was like in the 3rd or 4th grade, something like that.

She became obsessed with me joining the PTA, just like every other Mommy in the entire elementary school.

So to get her to shut up, I did.

Now, in case you haven't figured it out by now, I'm not exactly your typical PTA Mama. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I NEVER went to one of their meetings.

However

I did consent to participate in their annual money raise-a-thon thingie by contributing some stuff to their big 2-day sale.

And wouldn't you know it, they wanted HOMEMADE craft-y shit, too.

So I came up with this brilliant idea.

I had TONS of these


laying around and I decided it would be "DIFFERENT" if I did some sort of "DOG" decoration on the jars and then filled them with


which I did.

Now this is what I did. I painted a couple of DOGS on the jar, wrote the words "DOG TREATS" in big black letters on the jar, and then made a dough top thingie with one of those humongous Alpo dog biscuits stuck on it. I covered the dough top thingie with the Alpo dog biscuit in shellac. Made it rock ass hard.

THEN, I filled the jars with DOG TREATS.

Later, at the sale....

Those things were selling like hotcakes. I mean, they were FLYING off the table.

EVERYBODY loved 'em.

Except

This One Bitch.

She stomped up to my table and threw an EMPTY DOG TREAT jar down on my table.

This One Bitch: "I demand a refund."

Me: "OK. Did your dog not like the treats or something?"

This One Bitch: "My dog? What ARE you talking about?"

Me:

This One Bitch: "Let me tell me. I've bought many a homemade cookie at these events and yours were the WORST I've EVER tasted."

Me: "You know what? I'm gonna double your refund."

This One Bitch: "And why are you gonna do that?!?"

Me: "Cause I'm gonna be talking about your ass for years to come."

BWAAAAAAAA HAHAHHHAAAA HAHAHAA!

:)

© 2007 HillCountryGal

Note: This is "DOC'S" pick. Hiya, Doc!

No comments:

Post a Comment